Saturday, December 3, 2011

Capstone Reflection

As I have been writing, revising, editing, deleting and rewriting my capstone paper I am left with many thoughts and feeling. First I am honored to be a part of such a noble profession.  Education is more than a career it is a calling and I consider myself fortunate to work in a great district with amazing teacher and leadership.  Secondly I am humble knowing that the parents of my students trust me with the education of their children and depend upon me to create in them a passion to be lifelong learners. And lastly I am heavyhearted with the commitment I made to every student, pass, present and future, that I will teach them regardless of background and circumstance.  And yet I look forward to what the future will bring in the way of students, staff, struggles and successes. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the amount of reflection from the paper makes me realize there is more that goes into education than people realize. It is great that people trust teachers so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creating a passion for lifelong learning is one of our most important missions! Lots to consider as aspiring administrators.

    ReplyDelete